Since next week is going to be serious talk and all, here's one last facetious post. I present in descending order from indifference to flat out hate all twelve of this year's opponents. I used an arbitrary beer fueled formula known only to my mind based on prior social interactions, game results and stereotypical information to rank them. To be fair and balanced, I will mention one complimentary thing about each school.
12. James Madison University
+ Who doesn't enjoy beating up on your best friend's little kiss ass brother?
- Their nickname is the Dukes, reminds me too much of that crappy school in Durham, NC.
11. Central Michigan University
+ What's not to like about a two hour road trip to Bells Brewery, one of the very finest in the nation?
- It's only a matter of time before the stench of DickRod spreads north west.
10. Wake Forest University
+ Groves Stadium is a cute lil mini Lane.
- Part of the Carolina Four Horseman, even if they are the Ole Anderson of the group.
9. Boise State University
+ The Fiesta Bowl versus Oklahoma was amazing and the Statue of Liberty to win it is legendary.
- Their fan base is so full of themselves that it makes Alabama fans blush.
8. East Carolina University
+ No other college town outside of Blacksburg, has sauced me up as much as Greenville.
- The losses in the early 90's still sting and 2008 didn't help.
7. North Carolina State University
+Three B's... Bombshells in cowboy boots, BBQ and Big Boss Brewing.
- Look any Wolfpack fan in the eyes, it won't take long to see the guy waiting for the reason to talk shit.
6. Duke University
+ Kind enough to let Hokies outnumber Blue Devil fans everytime a football game is played at Wallace Wade Stadium.
- The stench of Coach K and the basketball program permeates everywhere in Durham.
5. University of North Carolina
+ Enjoying any night on Franklin Street (everyone needs to experience this once).
- Their collective arrogance is just south of the Hoos.
4. University of Miami
+ The 80's & early 1990's Hurricane teams.
- The 80's & early 1990's Hurricane teams.
3. Boston College
+ Boston is the home of Beer Advocate, the Bible for beer geeks everywhere.
- Choosing the Orange, not the Orange & Maroon when divorcing the Big East on the way to the ACC.
2. Georgia Institute of Technology
+ A 20 minute MARTA ride to the The Brick Store Pub.
1. University of Virginia
+ Outside of Blacksburg, no better place to see a Hokie win.
- EVERYTHING ELSE!