Several TKP staff (including myself) will be providing coverage of Saturday's open Hokies scrimmage. I am planning on focusing on several key questions:
1) What is the pacing of the offense? Will they run no huddle? Will the first team offense feature a hodgepodge of formations, and if so, will they run every base play needed to make each formation fully effective.
*We will chart the formation of each play and attempt to catalog the types of plays, with special focus on spread, single wing, and pistol.
2) Is the offensive line sharp with snap count? What is the head position on veer blocks, down blocks, and zone blocks? Do they get to the second level? How well do they pick up blitzes?
3) Can the Hokie offense effectively run the football?
4) What is the performance of the defensive depth players?
5) Can the secondary hold up against the top wide receivers? I will focus on this during one on ones, although I believe that Leal will attempt to stretch the starters as he has the backups over the last week.
What are your top questions? Let us know how we can make this review the most valuable we can.