Welcome to Week 4 and already it's looking like the top 10 are really separating themselves from the rest of college football. I'll be brief this week, because have you seen this week's lineup? The schedule makers decided to let us enjoy the outside weather, instead of watching must see tv football. You know the drill on weeks like this; A) if your significant other wants you to do something, do it and B) upsets are sure to happen as fans aren't the only ones unimpressed by the games. Don't worry, next week the games bounce back strong, starting next Thursday night!
Remember when the UF and UT used to be a big game? Spirited (often mean), fun and competitive at the highest level, sort of what Bama/LSU and Bama/aTm are now? The combination of Muschampball and Butch Jones rebuilding the Vawls makes this game borderline unwatchable. Part of Spurrier will die inside when he watches this game film.
This Week's Games
Saturday, September 21st
North Carolina at Georgia Tech -6.5 12:00 pm ESPN
- Be still Larry Fedoras Red Bull beating heart, UNC gets to play for the Coastal Championships for reals this year, you guys starting now
- I like to hear what Paul Johnson thinks of algroh and his text book reading fanbase, but mostly algroh
Pick: GT getting the points. Yes, UNC vowed to play better defense against GT who embarrassed them last year, I don't care. Either you can play defense or you can't. The Heels can't.
Tennessee at Florida -17.5 3:30 pm CBS
- As much as I dislike UT, youd think I would have something snarky to say, but I really only feel pity. Is that worse?
- Outside of costume parties, this is the only other acceptable jorts attire. Good chance the wimninz above will be passed around better than the football during this game
Pick: Tennessee getting the points, because Jeff Driskel still happens.
Michigan State at Notre Dame -7.5 3:30 pm NBC
- Why this game? I'm looking for candidates to unseat the VT-ECU game as the ugliest game of the Six Pick season. A turd of a game made worse by NBC commentators fellating Brian Kelly
- Unlike the UNC/GT game, we dont want any hearts to be still. .... Too soon?
Pick: Michigan State getting the points. I'm not sure more than 7 points will be scored combined, so 7.5 looks like a good bet.
Arizona State at Stanford -7.5 7:00 pm FOX
- Todd Graham with the contract extension this week. If ACC coaches got one after the Refs handed them a wins, every coach (but Jimbo Fisher) would be signed through 2025.
- I want to make a joke on Stanford Coeds so bad (I have no other ammunition other than their band,) but who am I kidding, have you seen me, they wouldnt have slept with me either
Pick: Stanford exerting dominance. They'll be up for their first real test of the season and will smash the Sun Devils.
Auburn at LSU -17.5 7:45 pm ESPN
- At Okie State Les Miles instituted the four point plan of no class, sex, drugs & cash to make the Cowboys prominent in college football. Thats standard in the SEC, so at LSU he added a 5th point, curb stomping random students at the bar. A true visionary
- Auburn you survived Gene Chizik, no matter the result of this week, you can tell us to SHUTTTTT UPPPP!
Pick: LSU getting the points, I think Bayou Bengals are eager to make a statement and Auburn had to scrape by to beat #FailState.
Utah at BYU -7.5 10:15 pm ESPN2
- Thirteen moms each and youd think these guys would know how to be civil to each other, they arent
- Its common knowledge whoever has the most fans wearing their Magic Mormon underwear during the game, wins each year
Pick: Utah getting the points. I have no reason, other than BYU lost to uva.
Beer of the Week:
It's going to be low key since I'll be #beercontrolfather and driving home after the game. That said a growler fill on the way back at Apocalypse Ale Works. seems like a fine idea. This will be my first time having their product. Decisions, decisions, decisions ... Hoppocalypse Imperial Red Ale, Wet Hopped Hoppocalypse or 6th Seal Chocolate Stout or YAIS!!
North Cackalacki at Jawja Tek -6.5
Vawls at Gatas -17.5
Sparty at Irish -7.5
Girls Gone Wild at Nerds -7.5
Aubie at Mike -17.5
Public School LDS at Private School LDS -7.5
Remember we pick against the spread