Betting is bad. It's bad for you and I'm bad at it. I submit a perfect example of this:
Screw you, Tennessee. But in all honesty, this was the closest bet to actually hitting. I foolishly picked Miami (-6), UCF (-4.5), WVU (-6), and VT (-5.5). I'm really bad a this whole betting thing.
Anyway, on to this week's spreads. Some observations:
- Vandy (+11.5) @Kentucky. I still can't get over the fact that Kentucky has a decent football team. But then again, we lost to ODU this year and LOLUVa may go bowling so I think we can just assume that something is horribly amiss in the halls of the football gods this season.
- Both FIU and FAU are favored this week. Someone upstairs is playing a joke on us.
- Minnesota (+3) @ Nebraska. How bad does Minnesota have to feel this week? Nebraska is historically bad. Like 0-6 for the first time EVER...and they're still favored over you.
- Wake Forest (+10.5) @ FSU. How bad does Wake Forest have to feel...
- UNCheat (+9) @ Syracuse. Sees the game is in the Carrier dome. Checks Syracuse injury report to see if Dungey is going to play. Takes Syracuse by two TDs.
- LOLUVa (+7) @ Duke. Good Lord I hope this is the first of many weeks where LOLUVa is put firmly back in its place, but I seriously don't know what to expect here. The wahoos seem to be surging this year (I just threw up in my mouth a little). In other years, this would be a battle for last place in the coastal. This year it actually has division race implications as both teams sit at 2-1 in the ACC.
As always, please do not take my ramblings as legitimate gambling advice. You will lose your shirt and anything else you're foolish enough to bet based on my idiocy. TKP does not encourage gambling and even if it did, I am neither employed nor sanctioned by Orange and Maroon Media, LLC so who cares.
|Arkansas St.||Kent State|
|Michigan St.||New Mexico St.|
|Miami (OH)||+7.5||Miss. State||+6.5|
|Bowling Green||+16.5||North Texas||+2|
|Central Michigan||Washington St.|