Brace for awesomeness, it's another edition of the ACC roundtable. From the Rumble Seat is hosting, check back there later today to see a summary of everyone's answers.
1. Half the regular season is now kaput. Has your team exceeded, met, or fell short of your preseason predictions?
While the Hokies have fallen short of my predicted 5-1 (loss @BC) start, I've exceeded my anticipated bourbon consumption by two handles of Maker's Mark.
2. The ACC finished the first half of the season 23-14 in out of conference play. If we took out the I-AA games, that'd be a lowly 12-13 record. If we took out the non-BCS squads, that'd be a 3-10 record against BCS opponents. If we further removed the Big East, we'd have ZERO wins in out of conference play and 9 losses against the SEC, Big 10, Pac 10, and Big 12... There are nine more out of conference games for the ACC including 6 games against BCS opponents. Is there any hope for rehabilitating the ACC's tarnished image?
If the ACC can sweep the three remaining marquee games against the SEC: Clemson-South Carolina, Florida State-Florida and Georgia Tech-Georgia that'll go a long way in transforming our image from Nixon to Kennedy. And don't forget about bowl season.
3. The Atlantic and Coastal divisions are knotted up at 5 wins a piece in interdivision play. Which division is better top to bottom?
As of right now it's the Atlantic. Florida State is carrying the flag, and the Coastal lays claim to the two worst teams: Duke and UVa.
4. Who is the ACC's first half of the season offensive MVP? Defensive MVP? Any comeback player of the year nominees or predictions for ACC Rookie of the Year?
Offensive MVP: Tyrod Taylor. He's leading the ACC in quarterback rating, is second in completion percentage and is third overall in rushing.
Defensive MVP: Luke Kuechly has 71 total tackles which is good enough to lead the nation.
Comeback Player: Jacory Harris, because well you know, Miami is back. But seriously, it's a toss up between Mark Herzlich and Darren Evans.
5. What games are still circled on the schedule as must win games for your fan base and program?
Every single one of them, but Georgia Tech, @Miami and UVa are circled twice.
6. Let's say your university invented a device capable of transporting one individual from your program's past. And then the machine would collapse into itself due to the sheer greatness of said individual. What one player from your long and storied history would you cherry pick to instantly upgrade your team?
Michael Vick, and it's not even close. That's not a knock on Tyrod either, but Vick is the only player with the athleticism to overcome the shortcomings of our offensive line and scheme.
7. Now that you've seen ~29% of the scheduled ACC games, who will be in the 2010 ACC Championship Game?