101WildTurkeys's picture 101WildTurkeys | Hokies in the Pros 2018 | commented 2 hours 57 min ago | reply

This is why I'm glad he's included in the OP list. Regardless of what happened in that situation back then, he's still one of us.

IceHokieGuy's picture IceHokieGuy | December 2018 Recruiting Thread, Part Two | commented 3 hours 45 min ago | reply

Kinda feel like whenever this gif is used I get my hopes up and then get disappointed when something awesome but not super awesome happens

I picked up a new Daiwa Ballistic LT 3000 reel today at the Cabelas. I wish it had been a good experience, but they had the reel at MSRP despite their own website having it marked down for $50 off ($174 instead of $229.) I told them I wanted to buy if they honored the web price. It took showing them the website, sending the link, and two managers to get them to honor their own posted price. also, the SSV 3500 on display was listed at full price instead of the advertised $89. The Stradic was also marked up to $239. Make sure you research your prices and know them by heart before you visit a Cabelas or Bass Pro.

jjcopeland's picture jjcopeland | December 2018 Recruiting Thread, Part Two | commented 3 hours 53 min ago | reply

Then it's not a 4 * or above

VTCC-69's picture VTCC-69 | December 2018 Recruiting Thread, Part Two | commented 4 hours 15 min ago | reply

If so, I / we want him!

Assuming he means December since it opens on the 19 th

If I remember correctly, we have been on the opposite end of a Coffeyville connection in basketball.

Edit: Maurice Kirby.

Which signing day?

Dec or feb?

That was a solid win. The defensive effort was strong for most of the night. Blackshear getting the 2 quick fouls really seemed to take away the Hokies mojo. Kerry has to be smarter out there, particularly with the foul at the offensive end. Without Nolley (and Clarke), we hardly have any options up front besides Blackshear and an undersized Horne who battles but is more effective playing < 20 minutes per game.

A quick guess on status:

18 verbals, 6 (?) remaining targets:

JUCO DT Cunningham
JUCO DE/OLB Barno
JUCO Murray
LB Asante
DB Hamm (no reported offer)
OL Nester

Cunningham may not sign until Feb.

Hamm may be a backup plan if someone (Carter?) doesn't sign. He may also commit to UVA this weekend where he has an offer.

Still in it for Nester but so are others if he doesn't sign with OSU.

Murray, Barno and maybe Asante seem likely to VT.

KingJames's picture KingJames | Hokies in the Pros 2018 | commented 5 hours 5 min ago | reply

Great to see him do well, I was so excited for him to start for us.

Post senior Season Evaluations

hokienator's picture hokienator | December 2018 Recruiting Thread, Part Two | commented 5 hours 15 min ago | reply

Damn where are all these players coming from now?

And Cunningham, and Asante, and Barno! Who said we didnt have enough spots!???

Chris's picture Chris | December 2018 Recruiting Thread, Part Two | commented 5 hours 23 min ago | reply

Maybe Amare Barno too. I can't speak to how talented either guy is but if they are ready to rock in 2019 I'm all for it.

Rayo's picture Rayo | December 2018 Recruiting Thread, Part Two | commented 5 hours 25 min ago | reply

Defensive Tailback

He cancelled is visit to Texas Tech, so this is my guess.

SCHokie2011's picture SCHokie2011 | December 2018 Recruiting Thread, Part Two | commented 5 hours 29 min ago | reply

or maybe even 5*

Lol

Edit: Oh and welcome to TKP, have a leg! And don't worry, you're recruiting optimism will wane with time, haha.

I rarely let them go