Orange Effect Helmets

After the uniform discussion this week and seeing everyones opinion, it's good to see the helmets being released this evening. While they are not orange, these things are pretty sharp. Looking forward to seeing them in the end zone.

DISCLAIMER: Forum topics may not have been written or edited by The Key Play staff.

Comments

They're awesome. I like how they are keeping the same design for every helmet, but changing the colors.

Vastly prefer these to the orange domes.

"I mean, you know, fuck them, but good for them." -Too Druck to Funk

Looks like it's matte white to me

"Some days you’re a horse and some days you’re a horse’s ass. I’ve been a horse’s ass for a little while." - Roy Halladay

Yes, which is certainly better than a matt ryan. Fuck that guy.

This comment is wonderful

I swear to drunk, I'm not God

The best helmets are matt helmets

I'm picturing these lids with orange jerseys and white pants...I dig it

Quick someone post a uni-builder image of white orange white

If you don't want to recruit clowns, don't run a clown show.

"I want to punch people from UVA right in the neck." - Colin Cowherd

For those trying to picture the white/orange/white look, FWIW this was 2011 BC game ...

I miss David Wilson...

.....
95% of what I say is sarcastic. The other 5% is usually taken out of context.

That's a really good look.

please no orange tops. please no orange tops. please no orange tops.

VPI '10

White/Orange (old jersey style)/white

Screen_Shot_2017_10_17_at_8_51_22_PM

White/Orange/Orange

Screen_Shot_2017_10_17_at_8_51_30_PM

Might as well finish it out with white orange maroon

"with all due respect, and remember I’m sayin’ it with all due respect, that idea ain’t worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin’ it on" - Ricky Bobby

Ask and you shall receive.

Screen_Shot_2017_10_17_at_9_05_20_PM

I like it

"with all due respect, and remember I’m sayin’ it with all due respect, that idea ain’t worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin’ it on" - Ricky Bobby

Well, if they did order new orange jerseys specifically for this game this year, I hope we at least see a new design/something that hints toward the redesign next year.

I could get behind the white orange white look

If a tree falls in Scott Stadium does it make a sound?

Yep same - and I thought the orange pants vs. BC looked okay - white, white, orange would be okay by me too.

White/White/Orange isn't bad:

Here's another look at White/Orange/White:

.....
95% of what I say is sarcastic. The other 5% is usually taken out of context.

Nice find on that pic! Yea, I could definitely do the new while helmets with the white jerseys and orange pants. I like those pants with the stripes better than the solid orange ones.

Same striping from the Belk Bowl helmet right?

I have no idea why my username is VT_Warthog.

Arkansas blew a 24-0 lead in the Belk Bowl.

I'm hoping this is the look:

VPI '10

I kind of doubt it for an orange effect game... But I love those helmets for whatever game, they are orange, maroon and white.

Was really hoping these helmets would stick around and be the new formatte, but I'm sad to see they've practically been glossed over.

Deciding the uniform color combo is like deciding where to have brunch.
Who has the best frittatas and mimosas?
"Jazz Hands!"

Just win, baby!