How do you do from here in order to salvage this season?
There's a handful of things I'm doing:
- On offense, decrease the size of the playbook, focus on improving at small handful of plays, and starting the QB who can best execute that small segment of plays.
- Go for broke in kicking and special teams, play your best athletes here.
- On defense, ask Bud to do Bud things. If he tells you need to sacrifice your pet cat to the football gods, you do it.
- Focus on morale and culture. We may have to settle for some moral victories instead of actual victories. Start having one-on-one's with each player, ask them what their goals are, and come up with what you can do something for them this season. See if you can work their personal goals into individual games.
- Focus on discipline - this team cannot afford to give up penalties.
Finally, IMO the number 1 goal for the rest of the season should be beating UVA. I'd rather go 4-8 (1-7 in the ACC) with a win over UVA than keep the bowl streak alive.