The BCO came up with this idea a couple of months ago, a way for us to have a little fun, and close out the 2011 season. He and I co-authored the final poll. At the very least we have Alabama first, Clemson ahead of Virginia Tech and the SEC overvalued. Your arguments are invalid.
1. Alabama - Held LSU to 92 yards in the championship game; Georgia Southern ran for 302 yards on them in the middle of November. The masters of the one game season.
2. LSU - They now own college football's all-time resume with wins over: the Orange, Cotton, Rose and BCS National Champions.
3. Arkansas - But, but, they only lost to Alabama and LSU. #RememberThe5
4. Oklahoma State - Mike Gundy is 40, but any coach that loses a yard to setup a field goal, game winning or otherwise, when he's sniffing the end zone instead of punching it in for six isn't my man.
5. South Carolina - They play in the SEC East, that's as good as the SEC West, right?
6. USC Trogans - Lane Kiffin coached in the SEC, he knows what it takes to win at the highest level.
7. Oregon - The best team in the country (as long as they don't have to play defense).
8. Stanford - "Start of a dynasty. They won't miss Luck." -- No One
9. Wisconsin - SEC speed > Big 12 speed > Pac-12 speed > rate at which coaches are leaving Wisconsin > B1G speed
10. Michigan State - The B1G will hang their hat on Sparty's win over Georgia for the next 5 years.
11. Boise State - Doesn't travel well enough to be ranked in the top ten of this BlogTroll.
12. Michigan - Originally ranked down at 18th, but the booth above overruled it.
13. Baylor - Hey Texas, how my ass taste?
14. TCU - Hey Texas, how my ass taste?
15. Kansas State - Texas state champs, too bad that only meant something on FNL.
16. Oklahoma - You made Phil Steele look bad, for shame.
17. West Virginia - Dropped 70 on Clemson and they'd be ranked higher, but they lost to Syracuse and Louisville.
18. Georgia - Great news Dawgs! Mark Richt earned an extension.
19. Clemson - Dabo.
20. Virginia Tech - Dropped from 5th to 20th faster than the Frankinator regrets calling that run/punt option on 4th down.
21. Southern Miss \ 22. Houston - No, seriously, a big thank you for booking the Hokies trip to New Orleans and the Sugar Bowl.
23. Nebraska - Better than expected fit in the B1G Ten. Up and down all season, led by a QB who can't pass, and they get smoked in a bowl versus the SEC.
24. Florida State - Back.
25. Auburn - Ted Roof is gone, Malzahn is gone, Dyer is gone, but Chizik's got shit under control. (All long as he's playing UVa 12 times next year. #newhoos)