It's that time of the year again. Our souls are starting to come back to life as we recover from the off season. The football gods have blessed us with games starting August 24th this year. After the long dark months of college football deprivation, we're ready to jump back into 4 months of obsessive watching, cheering, and, yes, gambling.
So here you go. Lines for opening week (and then some). What's the biggest surprise? Which of the expected massacres do you expect to be closer than expected?
For the last time this season, I can claim I haven't missed on a bet all year. It's a dangerous time for sure.
- Clemson (-35.5). This is the kind of line I'd normally take the underdog on, but this is an opening week ACC game over a "rival" breaking in a new coach and a new system. Clemson will run up the score to make a statement that this year is another 15-0 for the books.
- VT (-2.5). Despite being downright confused about what to expect this season from our hokies, I'm back to my "week before opening kick" optimism. Taking the hokies and adding a couple points to boot. VT (-4.5).
- Syracuse (-17.5). Can Dino get it done without Dungey under center? Yes. Can he do it to the tune of two-and-a-half touchdowns against a Hugh Freeze led Liberty team? Probably also yes. Freeze's recruiting "tactics" have not had time to take full effect down in Lynchurg and I think this year he gets the shock of playing in the FBS with FCS level talent.
- LOLUVa (-2.5). Looking at LOLUVa and Tech at the end of last season and looking at how our respective opponents faired, who would have guessed that LOLUVa is no more favored over Pitt than we are over BC? Honestly, I think LOLUVa takes the panthers by at least a TD. And I'm a lot more comfortable with a strong wahoo squad than a strong Pitt team. We get LOLUVa at home (well, our second home) and no way they are at full strength come thanksgiving whereas Pitt screams boneheaded home loss to me.
- Memphis (-6). Just commenting on this because I love seeing traditional SEC powers as underdogs vs. "lesser" teams. Not necessary betting on this one, but I hope Memphis blows them out of the water.
As always, please do not take my ramblings as legitimate gambling advice. You will lose your shirt and anything else you're foolish enough to bet based on my idiocy. TKP does not encourage gambling and even if it did, I am neither employed nor sanctioned by Orange and Maroon Media, LLC so who cares.
|Team 1||Team 2||Line||__||__||Team 1||Team 2||Line|
|Florida||Miami (Fl)||UF (-7)||Syracuse||Liberty||Syracuse (-17.5)|
|Arizona||Hawaii||AU (-11)||SMU||Arkansas St.||ASU (-3)|
|UCLA||Cincinnati||Cinci (-3)||Boise State||Florida State||FSU (-5.5)|
|FIU||Tulane||Tulane (-2)||Georgia||Vandy||UGA (-21)|
|GT||Clemson||Clemson (-35.5)||Missouri||Wyoming||Mizzou (-17.5)|
|Texas State||aTm||aTm (-34.5)||LOLUVa||Pitt||LOLUVa (-2.5)|
|Kent State||Arizona State||ASU (-25)||Oregon||Auburn||Auburn (-3)|
|Utah||BYU||Utah (-4.5)||Miami (OH)||Iowa||Iowa (-21.5)|
|Rice||Army||Army (-23.5)||Georgia Southern||LSU||LSU (-28)|
|Wisconsin||South Florida||Wisconsin (-13)||MTSU||Michigan||UM (-33.5)|
|UMass||Rutgers||Rutgers(-14.5)||Louisianna Tech||Texas||Texas (-21)|
|Tulsa||Mich. State||MSU (-22.5)||New Mexico State||Washington State||WSU (-33.5)|
|Utah State||Wake Forest||Wake (-3.5)||Mississippi State||UL Lafayette||Miss St (-22.5)|
|Purdue||Nevada||Purdue (-10)||Ole Miss||Memphis||Memphis (-6)|
|Colorado State||Colorado||Colorado (-12.5)||Toledo||Kentucky||Kentucky (-11.5)|
|Ok. State||Or. State||Ok. State (-16)||Ball State||Indiana||Indiana (-16.5)|
|USCe||UNCheat||USCe (-7.5)||Akron||Illinois||Illinois (-16)|
|Eastern Mich.||Coastal Carolina||EMU (-5.5)||Eastern Carolina||NCSU||NCSU (-17.5)|
|Georgia State||Tenn||UT (-25.5)||FAU||anOSU||anOSU (-27)|
|Duke||Alabama||Bama (-34.5)||South Alabama||Nebraska||Nebraska (-35)|
|VT||BC||VT (-2.5)||Houston||Oklahoma||OU (-24.5)|
|Northwestern||Stanford||Stanford (-6.5)||Notre Dame||Louisville||ND (-20.5)|