BEDE BAK

Boom.

Huge get for Mike Young.

DISCLAIMER: Forum topics may not have been written or edited by The Key Play staff.

Comments

Outspoken team cake advocate. Hates terrapins. Resident Macho Man Gif Poster. Distant cousin to Dork Magic. Frequently misspells words.

I still have nightmares seeing anything from March Madness last season. That Duke game has scarred me.

Marshall University student.
Virginia Tech fanatic.

Praise portal!

Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies

What a savings

Cone, Bede, Wilkins, Nolley, Horne as a starting five? Aluma if he can get a waiver? Small, but I don't hate it, and given the doom and gloom after Buzz left, it's a pretty decent place to be.

Definitely after all the Buzz doom and gloom, this news got me feeling like:

via GIPHY

โญโญโญโญโญโญ #YNWA

A smosh games gif in the year 2019 of our lord?

Outspoken team cake advocate. Hates terrapins. Resident Macho Man Gif Poster. Distant cousin to Dork Magic. Frequently misspells words.

What's the likelihood that Aluma actually gets a waiver?

At this point I think the NCAA just throws darts to see who gets a waiver.

via GIPHY

Probably depends on if he lawyered up. Getting a lawyer involved seem to get you an automatic waiver nowadays.

You forgot Blackshear in that starting five. Until I hear otherwise, he is still with the team.

You swap KJ in there, and I'd be feeling fucking fantastic.

According to Greg Roberts on the radio yesterday, there is a 1% change KB comes back to Tech, a 1% chance he transfers, and a 98% chance he is done with college and goes pro one way or another. Greg was working his sources over the last few days and has been pretty spot on. Bottom line, I'm not getting my hopes up we see KB as a Hokie again.

This has seemed the most logical outcome since January to me.

  • Pro money is real even if it is not from the NBA.
  • I think KBJ has already shown all he can do in college.
  • I think performing as a pro in Europe would be a better way to develop and show his abilities (all while making money).

Counterpoint, college athletes have a genuine love for the game and their teammates. Not trying to get inside the head of one, but I wouldn't discount that

Am I crazy for being worried about Cone after this news? I thought that the big selling point for him to come here was immediate playing time. Is Bede a good enough shooter to move to the 2? Would Cone consider it? Is it too late for Cone to reconsider?

โ€œYou got one guy going boom, one guy going whack, and one guy not getting in the endzone.โ€
โ€• John Madden (describing VT's offense?)

We have like 6 players. Plenty of PT available.

No need to worry Brickhause! Everyone stays....everyone plays...everyone wins. It's like youth sports at the YMCA.

JP

That certainly makes me feel better. If Cone's happy, AND 'Bissa is staying, we should all be happy. Now, when will Kerry be making his "I'm Back!" announcement?

โ€œYou got one guy going boom, one guy going whack, and one guy not getting in the endzone.โ€
โ€• John Madden (describing VT's offense?)

idk but if he doesn't do a "blackshear's back, alright!" parody, i'm gonna be sad

"Why gobble gobble chumps asks such good questions, I will never know." - TheFifthFuller

I believe the phrase heard from ACC coaches would be, "Blackshear's back? Aw fuck."

Never Forget #1 Overall Seed UVA 54, #64 UMBC 74

I think Cone and Bede will share point and SG privileges. Bede really can shoot. He was always too shy or unselfish to do it. I think we will see a boost in his shooting this year. It could be an electrifying guard set up for sure.

I feel like Erick Green had a similar jump when Malcolm Delaney left.....so who knows!

He played a lot of 2 with 5 running point.

Gobble Till You Wobble

Huge news! Coach Young will be just fine as a "recruiter" IMO. Bede gives us experience, good defense, and will be a better shooter in Young's system. Great news

I'm really excited to see what he can do in years 3+. He came in a was basically all damage control and did amazing. Next class will be hard too as it's already late in the game, but I'm still really impressed and excited.

will be a better shooter in Young's system

How's that?

He turned into a really good player for us by the end of the year. He's got plenty of talent, and I'm glad to see him decide to continue his development here. The backcourt duo of him and Cone are going to be a hand full for opponents going forward.

King Alum of the House Hokie, the First of His Name, Khal of the Turkey Legs, The rightful Heir to the Big Board, the Unbanned, Breaker of Trolls and Father of Gritty

Confidence is a crazy thing. Watching him come into his own toward the end of the season when he knew we needed it was fun to watch. Cone having a veteran presence for support is a big win.

Gobble Till You Wobble

Yeah that injury to 5 last year hurt, but it forced Bede to grow up fast in the role, and he did it well. Really, the only thing missing between his game now and where JRob was is that Bede still isn't sure enough to drive to the paint to put up his own shot. But maybe that's where Cone comes into play.

King Alum of the House Hokie, the First of His Name, Khal of the Turkey Legs, The rightful Heir to the Big Board, the Unbanned, Breaker of Trolls and Father of Gritty

Wabissa Bede anagrams to Wide Ass Babe

"Why gobble gobble chumps asks such good questions, I will never know." - TheFifthFuller

I'm here for the memes, I just stay for the football.

coincidentally it also anagrams to...Go Hokies!

"Take care of the little things and the big things will come."

no it doesn't you silly head

"Why gobble gobble chumps asks such good questions, I will never know." - TheFifthFuller

I found TKP after two rails from TOTS then walking back to my apartment and re-watching the 2012 Sugar Bowl. I woke up the next day with this username.

The story behind this gif is pretty cool and fits nicely. Very appropriate gif choice.

Pain is Temporary, Chicks Dig Scars
Glory is Forever, Let's Go Hokies!!

YEDE

21st century QBs Undefeated vs UVA:
MV7, MV5, LT3, Josh Jackson, Jerod Evans, Michael Brewer, Tyrod Taylor, Sean Glennon, and Grant Noel. That's right, UVA. You couldn't beat Grant Noel.

TELL A FRIEND

BEDE BAK BEDE BAK BEDE Bak BEDE Bak Bede bak Bede bak bede bak *daNAna*

"Why gobble gobble chumps asks such good questions, I will never know." - TheFifthFuller

Now everybody report to the Big Dance floor

Outside it's night time, but inside it's LeDay

I read all of your comments in Coach Steve voice

What are you gonna do?

Gobble Till You Wobble

Outside it's night time, but inside it's LeDay

Great work Coach Young.... Is it too much to ask that we hold onto KBJ too? Don't hate me for asking.

via GIPHY

JP

She terrifies me

Asuka's wonderful... and underutilized.

No, I *don't* want to go to the SEC. Why do you ask?

We don't love dem Hoos.

I have the weirdest boner right now.

7LoP right now

King Alum of the House Hokie, the First of His Name, Khal of the Turkey Legs, The rightful Heir to the Big Board, the Unbanned, Breaker of Trolls and Father of Gritty

Man, I feel like IF (big if) we can get the big man situation figured out (get Blackshear to stay or land Ojiako) all the folks that thought we would be last in ACC could be looking at a 4th straight NCAA tourney team.

get Blackshear to stay or land Ojiako

Porque no los dos?

Never Forget #1 Overall Seed UVA 54, #64 UMBC 74

Gobble Till You Wobble

Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies

"Take care of the little things and the big things will come."

That's great news. Having a returning veteran point guard with a great handle has got to be worth at least a few wins.

If Blackshear comes back too (and I think Bede's decision can only help in that regard), I don't think 20 wins is an unrealistic goal.

The doll's trying to kill me and the toaster's been laughing at me.

Bede is such a fun player to watch! Can't believe I'm saying this, but is it basketball season yet?

"Tajh Boyd over the middle . . . and it's caught for an interception! Michael Cole, lying flat on his back, ARE YOU KIDDING???"

No, it isn't basketball season yet, but it is almost cobia season. Let's not wish the summer away!

Reel men fish on Wednesdays

Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies

All this good Bball news got me thinking:

If you're not sure if my comment warrants a "/s", it probably does.

(a new hope)

"Why gobble gobble chumps asks such good questions, I will never know." - TheFifthFuller

If you're not sure if my comment warrants a "/s", it probably does.

If you're not sure if my comment warrants a "/s", it probably does.