Great piece by Banner Society breaking down the 2020 class by state.
- Florida had 59 bluechips (16.3% of all bluechips, but that does include academy players, 8 from IMG alone, who are not originally from Florida) and Texas has 54 bluechip players (14.9%)
- Virginia had 6 bluechip recruits, good for 1.6% of total bluechip recruits
- The state of Maryland averaged 8.6 blue-chip recruits per cycle over the previous five years. But in 2020, the state had 15, including arguably the #1 player in the country, defensive end Bryan Bresee, who went to high school less than an hour from the Terps. Bresee signed with Clemson.
- Georgia is on the up, producing better recruits each year
- California is on the down,
- In 2020, 70% of bluechip recruits come from one of 10 states (Florida, Texas, California, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, North Carolina, Ohio, and Tennessee)
EDIT: for the purposes of this exercise, all 4 and 5 star players (according to 247 composite) are considered 'bluechips:'
4/5 stars— Alex Kirshner (@alex_kirshner) February 4, 2020