2020 Football Seat Selection Times

It looks like the e-mails with your seat selection times have went out today. At least for a little while I can imagine being in a normal Lane Stadium this fall.

Seat selections start June 1st. Mine is June 22 @ 11:15 AM. What is everybody else's?

DISCLAIMER: Forum topics may not have been written or edited by The Key Play staff.

Comments

I am hoping that you are able to get something similar to our seats from last year.

2 time Longwood grad married to a Hokie.

Wednesday, Jun 10th @ 2:05 PM. Upped the donation this year. Wish I could direct it to the recruiting budget.

It's an unwritten law that it's my lunch pail. I've issued the challenge. If someone outworks me, they can get it.
Darryl Tapp

I'm right behind you - June 10 @ 2:11PM, although I'll be waiting for my buddy who has a later slot so we can sit together.

June 22 341pm - I just hope we get to go to ALL the scheduled games!

From the 2018 VT-uva game-"This is when LEGENDS are made!"

June 23rd 11:12 AM just hoping to still be in the same area we have been previously.

Always Jumping even from hours away.

June 16 at 12:01 pm. I love that we are that precise #EngineeringSchool

Mine is June 22nd at 12:51 PM but since I'm buying more tickets (6) than I can select with priority (4), I guess i'm going to have to wait at least another week or so to select all of those tickets together.

"Now Miami wants to talk about it." *Cue Enter Sandman*

June 16th at 10:01 am.

June 18th @ 3:28pm. Silver Hokie here.

June 1st @ 9:00am.

Not really. That would be bad assery. June 16 at 10:17am

So this would be a bad time to say mine is June 1st at 10:28am?

We put the K in Kwality

As I am allowed 15 minutes, I guess you are after me.

June 22nd @ 12:49. Silver Hokie w/ Priority ranking 5993.

Why is there such a delay between the opening of seat selection and selection dates? My fiancées sister just started donating this year and is only 2 days behind us on the 24th but almost 4,000-5,000 behind in priority ranking?

I wondered about that as well and the only thing I can think of is there was a fair amount of people in the lower half of the rankings that didn't renew tickets this year.

Not just non-renewals - there are plenty of people who donate and haven't bought season tickets in years, if ever. Anyone who donated in the last year will have a ranking even if they've never bought season tickets. It's more prevalent as you go lower in the rankings as you get into people who donate nominal amounts annually and don't buy tickets.

I understand all of the that. There is still something off. I asked around to some friends who get season tickets (on TKP and off) and the days between our selection times is not what they have been the last few years. I would really like to know season tickets sales this year. I have a feeling they noticeably dropped. Kind of expected with the financial turmoil going around.

But also uncertainty about what the season even looks like -- conferense slate only? adjusted schedule? I know things are more optimistic now than they were a month ago, but still so much to be decided

"Why gobble gobble chumps asks such good questions, I will never know." - TheFifthFuller

Low man on this post so far - June 23rd 3:20 - never reserved parking before but will be trying to grab a Lot 18 spot!

“I'm addicted to placebos. I could quit, but it wouldn't matter”~steven wright

WOOOO!!!!!

2 time Longwood grad married to a Hokie.

June 24 9:50 AM. Guess I'm the last as of this point in the thread :( Can't up the donation this year, maybe next year...

Gotcha beat, June 24th 1:59 PM. I'm glad they give you priority points for the student hokie club though, don't think I'd even get to pick if not for those lol

June 23rd at 1:10pm.

Edit: completely forgot about my appt yesterday, so did it this morning. Moved to sec 205. It was tough to do, but I think I'll like not contending with every student in the stadium who didn't make into the NEZ, a touch more shade in September, and the aluminum backs.

Amateur superstar and idiot extraordinaire.

You didn't want to come back upstairs to the cheap seats and hang with me and the "hike" guy? LOL. We've missed you.

TL;DR: Misery loves company.

If you play it, they will win.

"How the ass pocket will be used, I do not know. Alls I know is, the ass pocket will be used." -The BoD

Is he seriously still doing that?

Amateur superstar and idiot extraordinaire.

Did Danny Coale catch the ball?

But did you really need to ask?

If you play it, they will win.

I still love my section 14 on the west side. Other than September Noon games, I am out of the sun.

22nd at 3:06pm

If you play it, they will win.

June 25th at 10:38 am....yeah we have two youngens so I'm gonna be sitting in the high altitude oxygen restricted binocular needing yet easy place to mix drinks section....no cops for miles...and if they do catch me they just chuckle, shake their heads, look the other way and pity my poor seats😒...but hey at least I'll be there right🤷🏼‍♂️

HokieHighVPI03

11 June 9:44. West Outdoor Club. My wife and I live for this, win, lose or draw. Can't draw anymore, but you get the picture. Go Hokies!!!

foresthokie
US Navy Vet

None this year.

Wet stuff on the red stuff.

Join us in the Key Players Club

June 22nd at 1:09 pm here. June 22nd and 23rd looking to be popular TKP seat picking days

Long time listener...first time poster

So, selection starts on the 1st? Why is the site showing some seats as if they have already been chosen?

If you play it, they will win.

Renewals.

This is a reseating year. There shouldn't be any renewals.

It's a reseating year. EVERYONE is supposed to re-pick seats. Otherwise, my seats would show as taken.

Edit: The day I'm having, I would gladly drink.

If you play it, they will win.

They could be doing live testing of the platform before the seating goes live. There will probably be a reset before June 1st.

Oh, I didn't think of that. Who knows? I was just curious. I always go on to look around and dream before my timeslot and I saw that some seemingly random seats looked like they had been selected already. Had a WTF moment.

If you play it, they will win.

this being a reseating year... are your seats better, worse, or pretty much right where you wanted? in your opinion, money being no object, what section and low, mid, or high row would you consider the ideal seats? Also, other than lot 18 (because we know that's first), what would be your second parking lot pick? asking for a friend.

Go Hokies

We lost our seats in section 2 but are only three rows further up than last year. Not that disappointing. I figured our section would be relatively competitive because it's one with the cheapest price point.

Fellow section 2 ticket holder. We were able to get our same seats as last year. Like the location for sure.

Can't spell DBU without Bud

I'm glad to hear someone saying they like that section. We moved across the field to section 20 this year and I'm a little wary of it. Did not like our section 5 seats last season though so we thought we'd try something new.

VT Class of '12 (MSE), MVBone, Go Hokies!

It's not the best view but being by the tunnel is a plus. We have a big group of 8 that is together so it's probably just as much the people as it is the section.

Can't spell DBU without Bud

HokieEnginerd got our tickets Monday. He moved us from section 13 to section 11. We are a little higher than we were last year but closer to the center.

2 time Longwood grad married to a Hokie.

Ideally, the party that is NEZ is my first choice. But I'm way beyond student age so that's not an option. So realistically Section 1 or 3. It's right below the students so you get the energy from the kids. It's close to the band so you get that experience. And when the action is on your side of the field you're actually pretty close.

Even though it's a reseating year my crew and I still got tickets there AND we had a couple friends move beside us. And we got lot 18 passes! We seriously won the seating lottery for a football season that will likely never happen.

I found TKP after two rails from TOTS then walking back to my apartment and re-watching the 2012 Sugar Bowl. I woke up the next day with this username.

Morehouse College (division 2, located in the Atlanta area) just cancelled all fall sports today. I fear this the first domino and it is just a matter of time before a division 1 or a P5 team does the same.

I am thinking it is increasingly likely there will not be football in the fall. We will see how it goes but with cases spiking here in Texas they have rolled back the re-opening a phase with bars closing again and restaurants back down to 50% capacity (just moved up to 75% a we or two ago)

Just look at the outbreak that VT Is dealing with based on the kids who went and partied it up in Myrtle Beach before coming back and partying it up around Blacksburg.

Any attempt of having in-person classes this fall, let alone having a fall sports season, let alone allowing fans to attend any of them, just appears to be out of the equation given how we are seeing it spread now through completely irresponsible behavior from people who think they are invincible.

King Alum of the House Hokie, the First of His Name, Khal of the Turkey Legs, The rightful Heir to the Big Board, the Unbanned, Breaker of Trolls and Father of Gritty

I moved from the upper area of the east stands to the lower but moved further away from the 50. Section 17 instead of 35. I won't miss having to walk up and down the switchbacks.

My wife and I like the seats above the gates so you get the rail to lean on and no one in front of you, but that limits our choices pretty severely.

I had a shot at section 19 row A but someone took them all like an hour before my selection time >:(

The Orange and Maroon you see, that's fighting on to victory.

Oddly enough, I was the first day, upped my donation from last year and got slightly worse seats.

We put the K in Kwality

Section 31 moved up one row from 4H to 4J (cause saved the addl $25 /ticket season ticket charge)(even with top of upper portals about the 40 yd line). Great view- not too high -and for the last 4 years good crowd around us-by good I mean loud continuously and no fussing about me and my friend standing up for 60-75% of the game!

From the 2018 VT-uva game-"This is when LEGENDS are made!"

I actually bumped up my donation to get into Lot5, so now I'm pretty close to the 50 and a few rows closer to the field.

but...what I really need is to see a seating chart of the people who ordered seat backs, so I could avoid them.