Hi everyone, I'm Ben.
- Class of 2013, Mech Engineering.
- I hated engineering so much I went straight into software consulting after graduating without knowing anything about it (literally, I didn't know I was going to be doing anything related to software). It was one of the best decisions I ever made. I did that for a bit, got my MBA, now I'm a Product Manager bouncing around mid-stage tech startups. I also had a side hustle doing interview coaching/career advising, but that got dropped when my first kiddo joined the fam.
- I moved to Atlanta for work after graduating (without having any prior connection to the city). It immediately felt like home; I love all things Atlanta - music, food scene, brewery scene, bar scene, neighborhood culture, etc - except for Atlanta sports, which I'm mostly indifferent to (except for Atlanta United, of which I'm a fair weather fan).
- I am married to a yellow jacket, we have a ~1.5 year old, a second coming in the next few weeks, and 2 dogs (both labs).
- Hobbies/interests/things that I'm somewhat knowledgeable about include tennis, cooking, eating, drinking, my dogs, my kid, listening to podcasts, doing Atlanta things, free travel/credit card rewards, hip hop music from 1995ish-2010ish, and tech/product management.
DISCLAIMER: Forum topics may not have been written or edited by The Key Play staff.