No silly title for this one, thundering turd is too cliche. I think Marshall and white water rafting might be the only good things to come out of West VA, so I'm leaving them alone.
Pry starts by thanking the fans, as usual. Said there was a great showing for Hokie Nation at Rutgers. I'm embedding the Fuga quote below that Pry mentioned in reference to the team's culture and response to adversity thus far. I tried typing it up originally, but I didn't think it would translate as well in written form.
- Mentions coaching together with Huff at PSU and states that Marshall is well coached and coming off of a bye.😳
- I mentioned this already in another thread, but it seems like everyone is frustrated with the depth charts being inaccurate each week. Pry apologizes for getting them out late today, but then mentions that Tuesday depth charts do not mean much to him because the staff needs the week to evaluate player's performances and injuries.
- For a small portion of the game against Rutgers we were sustaining drives and getting 3 and outs. We were complimentary and it allowed us to get back in the game. We have to do that more often, more consistently. We also have to protect the ball better and be better about getting to the ball on defense. The top 6-8 teams in turnover margin are all undefeated right now.
- We take a lot of pride in being staunch against the run. It's evident we're not good enough right now. He goes into a good amount of detail on execution and personnel issues. Probably talks on it for 3min starting around the 8min mark.
- Felton capable of being an impact guy for us. Came in raw, but is putting in work.
- Marshall has a big Oline, good tailback, and a mobile QB. 😳😳
- We need all 11 doing their job to break big runs on offense. Need to be better on the perimeter.
- Completely sidestepped answering if Wells would start this week if he was healthy.
- Wants Drones to get better with the deep ball to give the wideouts a chance down the field.
- Pretty pleased with special teams overall. Need to get the punt returners going. Kicks need to be more consistent.
- Wells questionable. QB1 listed as Wells or Drones.
- Peoples out, hopeful that he can be progressed to doubtful/questionable Sunday.
- Tisdale back to compliment Keller
- Heath out at least this week, maybe longer
- Jenkins probably
- Stroman questionable
- No update on Jennings other than being back in the weight room and around the team.
- Lane much closer this week.
- Pry again brings up that these are hard calls to make Tuesday before they have even gotten back to contact practice. Sounds like Wednesdays and Fridays are when the evaluations are made outside of game time decisions like Lane has been.
I'm adding Drones' media availability too and will break it down later.
- Feels good overall about his first collegiate start at Rutgers. Definitely things to build on.
- Felton and Drones throw a lot outside of workouts. Felton ready to step up with Jennings out.
- Phone went off lol
- Feels like he knows the offense pretty well after 6 months working in it.
- Moving away from Texas and getting used to VA weather was hard. Glad Jennings helped introduce him to VA
- Felt like biggest growth here at Tech was becoming a more vocal leader.
- Wanted to play defense prior to high school ball. Likes hitting people, but says that he has to be mindful of down and distance and protecting his body as a QB. Doesn't want to be known as a running only QB.
- Grandfather and father both high school coaches in Texas with multiple state titles.