This is according to a report by CBS' Jeremy Fowler.
New Cal coach Sonny Dykes is hiring Tony Franklin as his offensive coordinator, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation.
Last-minute details are being finalized now, but barring an unforseen snag, Franklin will be the Bears' OC.
So that rumor is dead.
Let's enumerate the possibilities of what could happen next:
1. No staff changes are made. The is pretty unlikely. When asked if any changes would happen, Beamer deflected the question when he could've just said, "No."
2. Turnover among the positional coaches, same leadership at the top, including the Frankinator's hand in the jar.
3. A complete offensive overhaul where Beamer delegates responsibilities to his offensive staff. The result is similar to how Bud runs the defense.
4. Some blend of 2 and 4.
If the past is any indicator these things will hold true:
1. Beamer already has people in mind and a timetable (after the bowl, maybe after national signing day) of how it will all play out. He's calculating and methodical. He's not going to shop on the open market. This notion that he's letting coaches slip away is silly. Tony Franklin probably wasn't his guy.
2. There will be only a few degrees of separation between Beamer and any new staff. Whether it's someone he's worked with before, has coached, or has been vouched for by someone he trusts, there will be a connection. That's why the Tony Franklin rumor was plausible. He and Foster were teammates and everyone (myself included) assumed that'd be enough for Beamer to OK him.
With all that said, I have a nothing but a faint idea of what's going to happen.