There's a former player (unanonymous and as of now un-verified) doing an AMA on r/CFB. He played 4 years at a G5, then grad-transferred to a P5 program.
Some topics discussed/interesting comments:
- Says VT & UGA were the two craziest stadiums he played in
- Difference between P5 vs G5 - said every single calorie he at a P5 was tracked and he would routinely eat at Fogo de Chao with the team. Says the gap between the two programs was like 'the grand canyon'
- Estimates about 20-25% of the team takes academic seriously (PWOs and players who knew they weren't going to the NFL)
- Traveling for away games sounds like a brutal schedule
- He got lots of cortisone shots
- Said he never saw PED usage - "I don't think you understand how much weight training and protein intake we have. You'd be crazy if you weren't leaving college 25 lbs of muscle heavier."
- Says he won't let his kids play football
Anyways, I didn't see anything that really shocked me, but it was a fun read, so I thought I'd share here.