Regardless of your club, this interview is 1. incredibly fascinating regarding Chelsea and 2. another reason NBC's soccer production quality is leaps and bounds above fox and espn.

wasknick's picture wasknick
ambassador to lot 18
| OT: STAR TREK DISCOVERY | commented 17 hours 7 min ago | reply

Word for word what I was saying to myself.

A 1.5 million surplus over two years in a 95 million dollar a year business isn't really a game-changer, particularly when it comes from donations.

And nobody here even knows the actual numbers.

I'm going to trust Whit on this one, particularly with the variability from year to year. But I'm all for putting more of it towards football if it's possible.

Kville Hokies's picture Kville Hokies | 2019 Virginia Tech Football Schedule | commented 17 hours 7 min ago | reply

I do not think it is fair to expect any team to compete with the team Clemson fielded this year, certainly not in 5-6 years, starting with where VT was. To play for it all, you need a roster full of top players, plus one or two special players. To get there you, you need to win enough to consistently attract top talent. How long have very teams with very good coaching been chasing Bama? How many have moved backward instead of forward for firing coaches who could not beat Bama? I expect us to be competitive in the Coastal. Coaches get us playing for the ACC more years than not gives us a shot with top talent, or in getting lucky and winning, and appearances in the New Years 6. If we show improvement, and that last year was rebuilding year to recover from last of the Beamer recruiting years, that is reason enough to believe the coaches can get us to winning the Coastal.

MoggyHokie's picture MoggyHokie | McMillian: "It was not a good fit" | 1 reply | commented 17 hours 43 min ago | reply

Sarcasm appreciated. Where did I say his running the ball or TDs didn't matter? Those are obviously great things. Fuente wants a complete back who can run, catch and yes, block.

MoggyHokie's picture MoggyHokie | McMillian: "It was not a good fit" | 1 reply | commented 17 hours 46 min ago | reply

Point is he didn't block either one

Anyone remember Special 1 TV? I'm lost as to why this isn't still a thing.

I think LOLUVA losing to Dook vs the alternative is the lesser of 2 evils.

The last article I read said the school loaned the athletic dept the money but there wasn't a payoff schedule set yet.

hokie07ME's picture hokie07ME | McMillian: "It was not a good fit" | 2 replies | commented 20 hours 20 min ago | reply

Removed because apparently I have a sick sense of humor.

55?! Wow, i just turned 41. I must read a lot older

I think a reversed Alonzo Mourning gif will fit this statement a lot better

Big Perm's picture Big Perm | McMillian: "It was not a good fit" | 1 reply | commented 1 day 1 hour ago | reply

Start player. Sneaky athleticism

tjbhokie's picture tjbhokie | Payoute-International Bowl | commented 1 day 1 hour ago | reply

I played against Dyrell in high school and he was a beast

Wouldn't that already be covered in their expenditures?

*sees UVA lost....but Dook won*

Disagree. Most business want to leverage themselves to continue to grow. Money in the bank isn't doing anything for us.

tjbhokie's picture tjbhokie | McMillian: "It was not a good fit" | 2 replies | commented 1 day 1 hour ago | reply

Then go empty

Hokiejoe87's picture Hokiejoe87 | WBB vs NC State | commented 1 day 2 hours ago | reply

Nicely done.

fernleyhokie's picture fernleyhokie | OT: STAR TREK DISCOVERY | 1 reply | commented 1 day 2 hours ago | reply

I mean this is a fictional future that centers around the adventures of a common core narrative surrounding a crew and ship that has time traveled and completely changed the course of time on several occasions which then completely reinvented itself through a time traveling mining vessel and pointy eared character of an alien race with logic v empathy confusion that seemingly can comprehend not only the existence of another him in the same dimension/timeline but communicating and taking advice from said doppelganger without creating a universal time paradox, so if your only issue is a few continuity problems then pretty damn good, no?