I was with a bass fishing pro who knew how to find em then we stirred em up with long jerk baits and then it was on they were very sluggish as expected when ice is on the water but it was still fun

Joey Coogan's picture Joey Coogan
reporter
| Payoute-International Bowl | commented 13 hours 54 min ago | reply

LAhokie's picture LAhokie | Payoute-International Bowl | 2 replies | commented 14 hours 2 min ago | reply

Didn't eat, didn't lift, drank at every waking opportunity...

Hokie Hounds's picture Hokie Hounds | McMillian: "It was not a good fit" | 1 reply | commented 14 hours 9 min ago | reply

A real student of the game.

Mickelmarcus's picture Mickelmarcus | Payoute-International Bowl | 1 reply | commented 14 hours 12 min ago | reply

Exactly - arbitrarily putting the ownership of a kid's lack of success is automatically the staff's fault is an easy out - but not true. Caleb lost 15 pounds in an off season not designed to do so - is that the staff's fault? At some point, the kid has to put in the work.

stevetheking's picture stevetheking | Payoute-International Bowl | commented 14 hours 17 min ago | reply

If Marcus Davis was playing today, he would have transferred to Colorado after one practice.

*ducks*

LAhokie's picture LAhokie | Payoute-International Bowl | 1 reply | commented 14 hours 24 min ago | reply

That was more on Caleb than the staff

Hokiejoe87's picture Hokiejoe87 | Payoute-International Bowl | 1 reply | commented 14 hours 27 min ago | reply

Or that we couldnt figure out how to use Joel Caleb

shakeitallabout's picture shakeitallabout | McMillian: "It was not a good fit" | 1 reply | commented 14 hours 31 min ago | reply

Might've won a couple more games with dragon in the backfield. Just sayin

This is a massive stretch. Cincinnati is the most likely game to change since Peoples and McClease went out but in 4 games we lost by 3+ scores and the running backs had a great day against ODU. Also to correlate the W/L record with McMillian versus this past season is preposterous. The offense statistically improved from last season (including the rushing game). I don't understand how it's not obvious that the defense going from a top 20 unit to a bottom 20 unit is primary reason for our struggles this year.

I was much better at blind typing with T9 than I am with this standard keyboard.

HokieBone12's picture HokieBone12 | Trevon Hill issues a statement (must read) | commented 14 hours 32 min ago | reply

poor behavior will be overlooked for talented players.

Isn't that when Miami is best, historically?

Honestly I Thinks diaz is outnof his deprhnbeing Out of his depth being the HC at Miami right now in his career.

Vtkey's picture Vtkey | McMillian: "It was not a good fit" | 1 reply | commented 14 hours 35 min ago | reply

You can probably stop making that argument, since nobody is arguing that.

Vtkey's picture Vtkey | Trevon Hill issues a statement (must read) | commented 14 hours 36 min ago | reply

For me, it's a novelty that has now gotten a little stale. Sort of fits their team.

We'll see how it works out for them, but were they ever really better at creating turnovers than anyone else?

Doesn't really bother me, but I'd really like to deny them opportunities of wearing it when we play them.

outnof his deprhnbeing

There's some rumors on Miami forums that Hill is going to transfer there. I'm still shocked Diaz brought back Jeff Thomas after he was dismissed from the team before the season had ended. Perhaps Diaz is considering this a second chance for talented players and will hold them accountable from here out, but it seems to me that he's potentially sending a message that poor behavior will be overlooked for talented players. It's not hard to imagine that program getting out of control and turning toxic in short order.

I agree (as stated before) that blocking is an important skill needed/required by backs. I disagree that it holds greater/equal value to rushing YDS & TDs (in fact, I put receiving ability above blocking for backs). If Fuente actually said that (about being one block away), that's kind of shady and borderline tossing one of your most talented players under the bus for losing the game. Fuente should've had the foresight to recognize (earlier in the season) that blocking wasn't McMillan's forte, & on that play, sent out Peoples to block one of the defenders (since it was obviously going to be a passing play). Of course, that still leaves an additional defender unaccounted for. So, who was supposed to pick the other guy up??
If Fuente did make such a comment, then I feel it didn't age very well, since McMillan left, the team's record has gotten worse. Who knows? Might've won a couple more games with dragon in the backfield. Just sayin

Yea I'll try and find it later.

I agree that blocking is a skill needed/required of backs. I disagree that it holds greater/equal value to rushing YDS + TDs (in fact, I would put it below receiving abilities too).

MoggyHokie's picture MoggyHokie | McMillian: "It was not a good fit" | 1 reply | commented 15 hours 14 min ago | reply

I don't hold him responsible for losing that game, I picked that as an example of one of his blocking failures, that I believe is the one that stuck in Fuente's mind the most. I've been trying to find the article where there was a Fuente quote about being one block away, or words to that effect, from being in position to win that game.

But, in any event, the larger point I'm trying to make is that blocking is part of being a running back. That's all.