Who: #11/13 Virginia Tech Hokies (3-0, 0-0 ACC) @ Marshall Thundering Herd (1-2, 1-0 Conference USA)
Time: 3:33 PM
TV Coverage: CBS Sports Network (Dave Ryan, Rich Rodriguez, Kaylee Hartung)
Venue: Joan C. Edwards Stadium, Huntington, WV (38,019 – Field Turf)
Series History: Virginia Tech leads 8-2
- Last Meeting (2009): Virginia Tech 52, Marshall 10
- This is Virginia Tech’s first trip to Huntington in 71 years. The Hokies are 0-2 all-time at Marshall
- This will be the fourth meeting between the schools since 2002. Tech has won all three by an average score of 47-15, scoring at least 41 points each game.
- WR Jarrett Boykin – Out (Hamstring)
- OL David Wang – Out (Foot)
- DE J.R. Collins – Probable (Ankle)
The Opponent: Marshall limps into this matchup coming off a 44-7 loss to Ohio last weekend. The Thundering Herd currently sits at 1-2 on the season, with their lone win being an upset of Southern Miss at home two weeks ago. Head coach Doc Holliday is in his second season with the program. Holliday went 5-7 his first year with Marshall and has a long coaching history, with stops at Florida, NC State, and West Virginia.