The BCO came up with this idea a couple of months ago, a way for us to have a little fun, and close out the 2011 season. He and I co-authored the final poll. At the very least we have Alabama first, Clemson ahead of Virginia Tech and the SEC overvalued. Your arguments are invalid.
1. Alabama - Held LSU to 92 yards in the championship game; Georgia Southern ran for 302 yards on them in the middle of November. The masters of the one game season.
2. LSU - They now own college football's all-time resume with wins over: the Orange, Cotton, Rose and BCS National Champions.
3. Arkansas - But, but, they only lost to Alabama and LSU. #RememberThe5
4. Oklahoma State - Mike Gundy is 40, but any coach that loses a yard to setup a field goal, game winning or otherwise, when he's sniffing the end zone instead of punching it in for six isn't my man.
5. South Carolina - They play in the SEC East, that's as good as the SEC West, right?
6. USC Trogans - Lane Kiffin coached in the SEC, he knows what it takes to win at the highest level.
7. Oregon - The best team in the country (as long as they don't have to play defense).
8. Stanford - "Start of a dynasty. They won't miss Luck." -- No One
9. Wisconsin - SEC speed > Big 12 speed > Pac-12 speed > rate at which coaches are leaving Wisconsin > B1G speed
10. Michigan State - The B1G will hang their hat on Sparty's win over Georgia for the next 5 years.