Who: #13 Virginia Tech Hokies (2-0, 0-0 ACC) vs Arkansas State Red Wolves (1-1, 0-0 Sun Belt)
Time: 4:08 PM
TV Coverage: Regional Sports Network (Mike Hogewood, John Bunting, Sammy Linebaugh)
Venue: Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VA (66,233 — Grass)
Series History: Virginia Tech leads 3-0
- Last Meeting (2002): Virginia Tech 63, Arkansas State 7
- Tech has outscored A-State 147-14 in three games between the squads.
- This is the first meeting between the two schools with Arkansas State being the Red Wolves. They were the Indians until 2008.
- OL David Wang – Out (foot)
- TE Eric Martin – Probable (shoulder)
Arkansas State enters Saturday's contest coming off a 47-3 thumping of Memphis last weekend after falling 33-15 in the season opener at Illinois. The Red Wolves are under the direction of first year head coach Hugh Freeze, who was A-State's offensive coordinator last year. Freeze has just two years of head coaching experience, both at NAIA Lambuth University.
This team is senior-laden, with 15 senior starters speckling the roster. However, that stat is a bit deceiving as a majority of ASU's roster is juniors and seniors that have transferred from junior colleges.