vtdlang's picture vtdlang | 2019 Virginia Tech Football Schedule | 1 reply | commented 40 min 58 sec ago | reply

That might be true, but they were absolutely demolishing the rest of their opponents. Other than the Syracuse game, where Lawrence was knocked out of the game, they beat every other opponent by at least 20 points. Even if the competition wasn't great, that's outrageous!

They were clearly one of the best teams in the country, regardless of the weak SOS.

It's true. I've got sauces that Nick's been given the position of Busch Light coordinator with the team. I expect 5 Star commitments to come rolling in.

wasknick's picture wasknick
ambassador to lot 18
| 2019 Virginia Tech Football Schedule | commented 45 min 57 sec ago | reply

I love you. I am so tired of excuses for mediocrity. I understand that there are rebuilding years but they can't be every year. And if we always have too young players because they are going to the NFL early, then it is time to find a way win with young guys.

IT IS SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT YEAR, YALL

gobble gobble chumps's picture gobble gobble chumps | TKP Recipe "Book" | commented 47 min 44 sec ago | reply

I haven't tried the sauce, but I have followed THIS RECIPE (link) for the baking and it's every bit as good as advertised to get the right texture.

wasknick's picture wasknick
ambassador to lot 18
| 2019 "I wanna go fast!" Thread | 1 reply | commented 48 min 42 sec ago | reply

I like it all, but one of our friends is super into Indy. He has been trying to get us to go to the Indy 500 for awhile now. The Sportscar racing is the more casual side of it all for me. Formula 1 is amazing in person but I have trouble with on TV.

IceHokieGuy's picture IceHokieGuy | 2019 Virginia Tech Football Schedule | commented 49 min 5 sec ago | reply

What will be the highest capacity game on the schedule? It seems like there's more traction right now behind Duke than anything else among the fanbase
Likewise would that game be the most expensive?

HammerTime's picture HammerTime | 2019 Virginia Tech Football Schedule | commented 57 min 1 sec ago | reply

I fully expect another rough season, but I anticipate the issues will again be on the defensive side.

If QP doesn't live up to the hype (assuming he's the starter in the 2020-2021 season), I think Fuente will be a goner.

07Hokie's picture 07Hokie | Buzzketball Central: Recruiting January | commented 58 min 15 sec ago | reply

If we landed Wahab, would Buzz also take Jaden Bediako?

DFWHokie's picture DFWHokie | 2019 "I wanna go fast!" Thread | 2 replies | commented 59 min 43 sec ago | reply

Any other open wheel racing fans out there? I'll be heading down to COTA in Austin for the IndyCar race this year, and I have been to the Formula 1 race there the last 4 years.

COTA is a great track and if get the chance to go I highly recommend it (night life in Austin is awesome, and all kinds of great BBQ)

I have not been to the Moto GP race there yet but definitely want to give it a shot. Formula 1 race is awesome and always packed.

H_ighlander_okie's picture H_ighlander_okie | 2019 "I wanna go fast!" Thread | commented 59 min 48 sec ago | reply

And Dega weekend is @GT. Not too shabby.

And I started digging into old Daytona 500s on youtube last night (it's that time of year lol). I miss the sound of the old cars so bad. Sounded like fighter jets in the packs.

Then "devilish" grin it is.

I know it wasn't regular season, but this might be one of my top moments, and prob tops for bball in Cassell.

You are correct, so I fixed it.

Duke's (mayonnaise) is best. Carry on.

Scottyb's picture Scottyb | 2019 Virginia Tech Football Schedule | commented 1 hour 1 min ago | reply

I love it. The last Friday in September we have Duke and then we fire up the motor-coach and head down to Miami in prime time hurricane season and then back home to Lane. That sounds like a plan.

I'm not doubting this at all. But by far the best atmosphere I've ever experienced not just in basketball, but all of VT sports, was the Maryland @ VT game in 2007. We were ranked at the time, unbeaten at home and had Maryland coming into town. Ended up being awful weather, with it nearly impossible to get to campus, so they opened the doors to all students for free, and the students packed it to the rafters. 10k students going absolutely nuts for 45 minutes (Went to OT) in Cassell was an experience to behold.

This was for the opening tip, to give some perspective on what I'm referencing

vtnerf's picture vtnerf | 2019 Virginia Tech Football Schedule | commented 1 hour 15 min ago | reply

Chris's picture Chris | 2019 Virginia Tech Football Schedule | 1 reply | commented 1 hour 15 min ago | reply

If we were undefeated and beat Clemson in the ACCCG we would go to the playoff. Clemson's best win on their 13-0 start last season was over an A&M team that finished 8-4 in the regular season. If we went 13-0 this season it would mean we beat Notre Dame and (almost certainly) Clemson.

Now this discussion is ultimately meaningless outside of a dream world where we get to control the outcome of football games.

Probably not worth the time fretting about it, but even if we were to win out against a schedule that would be imminently winnable for teams like the 2008-2011 VT teams, this one probably wouldn't have us in playoff discussion anyway.

I dunno if that's a chuckle... I interpret it as taking pride in the gloriousness of your own fart when you know you're about to clear out a room