Who: #15/15 Virginia Tech Hokies (7-1, 3-1 ACC) @ Duke Blue Devils (3-4, 1-2 ACC)
Time: 12:30 PM
TV Coverage: ACC Network (Tim Brant, Dave Archer, Scott Pryzwansky)
Venue: Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NC (33,941 – Grass)
Series History: Virginia Tech leads 11-7
- Last Meeting (2010): Virginia Tech 44, Duke 7
- Coach Beamer is a perfect 7-0 against Duke
- The Hokies have won 10 straight games against the Blue Devils, dating back to 1981
- In 7 ACC contests, the Hokies have outscored Duke by an average of 37-8
- LB Alonzo Tweedy – Out (ankle)
- OL Mark Shuman – Out (knee/ankle)
The Opponent: The Hokies start the final third of their season by facing the first of four consecutive Coastal Division opponents. This Duke team has continued a trend of Blue Devil teams under David Cutcliffe, slowly working its way into a competitive nature. The Blue Devils are more consistent than in years past, but they still have their Duke moments, such as losing to Richmond for their third consecutive time.
At 3-4, the Blue Devils possess wins over Boston College, Tulane, and FIU. They, too, finish the season with all Coastal Division games, but they play all five division opponents in a row, starting with Tech.