Who: #5/3/5 Virginia Tech Hokies (11-1, 7-1 ACC) vs #21/21/20 Clemson Tigers (9-3, 6-2 ACC)
Time: 8:02 PM
TV Coverage: ESPN (Brent Musburger, Kirk Herbstreit, Heather Cox)
Venue: Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC (73,778 – Grass)
Series History: Clemson leads 18-12-1
- Last Meeting (2011): Clemson 23, Virginia Tech 3
- Clemson gave Virginia Tech its only loss of the season earlier this year in Blacksburg.
- Virginia Tech is making its fifth ACC Championship Game appearance. For Clemson it's their second trip to the Championship Game.
- The two teams have split four games played at neutral locations, including the 2001 Gator Bowl won by Tech 41-20.
- When ranked higher, the Hokies are 3-2 against the Tigers.
- OL David Wang – Out (Foot)
The Opponent: We all know what happened back on October 1. It was the nadir of Virginia Tech’s season, while Clemson appeared to reach its apex in the 23-3 victory at Lane Stadium. When the two teams meet Saturday, it will be a completely different matchup than it was the first time around. For a look at the preview going into that game, click here.